Annual Report and Goals of the ARLIS/NA Student Affairs Discussion GroupPosted: April 10, 2007 Filed under: ArLiSNAP Structure, Blog Administration | Tags: annual report 5 Comments
View the annual report of the ARLIS/NA Student Affairs Discussion Group online at http://www.arlisna.org/arlismembers/annreports/2006/dg_sa.pdf. You must be a member of ARLIS/NA to access the password-protected report. But, below are the goals that Co-Moderators & report authors Sarah Carter and Megan Macken included in the report.
Student Affairs Community current and future goals include the following:
- Utilize the ArLiSNAP online community to increase national conference participation among students and new professionals as attendees, volunteers, and panelists.
- Increase involvement of ARLIS/NA senior members. Although the ArLiSNAP community exists for the newest generation of ARLIS/NA professionals, a relationship with tenured professionals is essential for mentorship, advice, support and networking.
- Link the blog directly to the ARLIS/NA website. The Student Affairs Community would ultimately like to be able to host and administer ArLiSNAP from an ARLIS/NA server to provide the highest level of quality and greater visibility.
- Improve the regular collection of statistics on group participation.
- Publish resources (in print or online) in collaboration with ARLIS/NA that benefit the Student Affairs community. Projects of interest include:
- the continued collection, dissemination, and annotation of internet links relevant to art information professionals
- the digitization of Betty Jo Irvine’s comprehensive bibliography of art librarianship;
- a revision of the 1999 Addendum to Library Schools in Canada and the United States: Educational Opportunities for Careers in Fine Arts and Visual Resources Librarianship.
- Sustain the growth of the group by electing one co-moderator each year for a two-year term. Overlapping terms will allow the two co-moderators to ensure the continued success of the discussion group and maintain the momentum of long-term projects.
Thanks Mmacken for posting this in a public forum!
I’ll be working with the ARLIS/NA Membership Committee for 2007-08. I’ll be interested in seeing how we can leverage the knowledge of the PDC, Membership, & Student Affairs in order to create greater awareness of ArLiSNAP and art librarianship as career path.
PDC = Professional Development Committee, right? I had to think about this one for a second 🙂
Si’ ! Buon lavoro! (Yes! Good Job! [with a little license])
Although I am looking to pass on the ArLiSNAP/Student Affairs Co-moderator torch, I plan to be involved as a member of the PDC committee next year, working on the year-long mentoring project as well as an updated & revised copy of the Library Schools document. I think it will be very exciting to work with the Membership Committee as ARLIS/NA moves into an exciting new era!
[…] Annual Report and Goals of the ARLIS/NA Student Affairs Discussion Group […]