Cataloger and Metadata Librarian – Moore College of Art & DesignPosted: July 3, 2007
Connelly Library is a small academic art library providing resources and services to a diverse and vibrant community. We offer an excellent opportunity to play an important role in the continued expansion of collections and services in a unique environment.
Reporting to the Library Director, the Cataloger and Metadata Librarian ensures that all library resources are processed in an accurate and timely manner and made available to the Moore community via the online catalog.
We seek an energetic, experienced and service oriented individual.
· Create copy and original cataloging for a variety of formats, using LC classifications, AACR2rev, LCSH, Marc formats, and OCLC Connexion.
· Experience with Innovative Integrated Library Systems, maintain and upgrade bibliographic, authority and holdings records.
· Participate in all aspects of circulation desk activities as needed.
· Provide library instruction as needed.
· Working cooperatively with library staff and other professionals participates in the revision and creation of policies, procedures, and special projects that include the blending of traditional library activities with digital initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have an ALA-accredited MLS, and 3 years cataloging experience. A demonstrated knowledge of Innovative Integrated Library Systems in an academic, research or public library. Working knowledge of MAC and PC software applications. Must have strong written and oral communication skills, as well as strong planning and project management skills.
Interested candidates submit cover letter with salary requirements and resume to:
Moore College of Art and Design
Attn: Human Resources Manager
20th Street and The Parkway
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Email: HR@moore.edu Fax: 215-568-1773