Working Digital Assets SymposiumPosted: August 11, 2007
Working Digital Assets
This day-long symposium will explore the current state of managing, sharing, and preserving digital assets.
Date: Monday, September 24, 2007
Location: San Francisco Museum of Modern Art
Cost: No registration fee
Who should attend?
Museum, library, and archive professionals; students; anyone who produces, uses, and/or manages digital assets.
Join us in considering questions about digital assets such as:
* Can we plan for 50 years and 5 years at the same time?
* What makes a ‘quality, useful, and/or trustworthy’ asset?
* What are the hot-button rights issues?
* Where are the innovative, creative, and/or resourceful solutions?
* How can we stay ahead of the technological curve(s)?
Partial list of speakers:
Joseph Busch, Taxonomy Strategies LLC;
Patricia Cruse, California Digital Library;
Gary Fong, Genesis Photo Agency;
Hannah Frost, Stanford University Libraries;
Sue Grinols, Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco;
Brewster Kahle, Internet Archive;
Wendy Levy, Bay Area Video Coalition;
Clifford Lynch, Coalition for Networked Information;
Angelo Sacerdote, Bay Area Video Coalition.
Updated information will be distributed in early September.
For more information, contact the Collections Information and Access Department at email@example.com.