Job Posting: ARTstor Library Relations AssociatePosted: February 22, 2012
Library Relations Associate
New York City
ARTstor is a not-for-profit organization that assembles and makes available a Digital Library of images and associated data for noncommercial educational and scholarly uses, and an image management platform called Shared Shelf. The Digital Library and Shared Shelf are made available online through site licenses with educational and other not-for-profit institutions. ARTstor is headquartered in New York, NY.
The Library Relations Associate will share responsibility for expanding the ARTstor Digital Library and Shared Shelf participation within the educational community. Additional duties will involve billing, invoicing, and other special projects. The ARTstor community of potential participants consists of not-for-profit institutions in the United States and other countries. This position will require some travel (approx. 25%), and will demand a self-motivated, flexible, organized team player who thrives in an environment of constant change.
The LR Associate will report directly to the Associate Director for Library Relations.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Working to meet and exceed participation and revenue goals on an annual basis;
2. Communicating ARTstor’s mission, messages, and participation fee rationale to potential participants;
3. Identifying and managing new participation opportunities in the academic community;
4. Facilitating participation in ARTstor Digital Library at the institutional level by demonstrating ARTstor, its services and tools, and providing librarians and faculty members with useful information and strategies for promoting ARTstor as a campus-wide resource and platform;
5. Shepherding potential participants through the sales pipeline, including:
- Responding, via email and telephone, to participation inquiries via the ARTstor website
- Tracking contact information and “pipeline” status in our customer relationship management software
- Negotiating basic terms of License Agreements
- Working with other units to establish institutional access to the ARTstor Digital Library
- Giving remote demonstrations of ARTstor via GoToMeeting or other live conference software
- Setting up trial access for interested institutions
6. Representing ARTstor at conferences and other events deemed appropriate for this community;
7. Working closely with the Associate Director and other Library Relations team members on research projects, including market research;
8. Assisting with updating and maintaining the Talisma customer relationship management tool;
9. Contributing to internal reports;
10. Participating in all Library Relations and ARTstor staff meetings;
11. Keeping up-to-date on various ARTstor initiatives and developments and being able to communicate these initiatives to potential participants;
12. Additional special projects as assigned by the Associate Director and other senior staff members.
- Excellent communication skills in a variety of settings;
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to work well as a team member;
- Strong technology skills, including familiarity with metadata structures, trends and web development as well as project management experience;
- Exceptional organizational skills;
- Ability to perform independently, be self-motivated, adapt to constant change and able to juggle multiple tasks with a positive attitude;
- Strong commitment and interest in the use of images in an educational setting;
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- 3-4 years of experience in academic library or web/software development fields.
- Familiarity with the ARTstor Digital Library;
- Art, art history, or architectural background;
- Business development, marketing, and/or academic library experience;
- Working knowledge of image management software and database technology;
- Experience with customer relationship management software (Talisma, Sales Force or other);
- Master’s Degree.
ARTstor is an equal opportunity employer. ARTstor offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Applications for the position should be submitted to: email@example.com
Applicants must submit a cover letter with salary requirements along with their resume. No phone calls please.