Job Posting: Visual Resources Librarian, Reed College, Portland (OR)Posted: May 18, 2012
via Latest ALA Joblistings
Deadline to Apply: May 29, 2012
Visual Resources Librarian
A full-time, permanent position reporting to the library’s director of research services. Manages a collection of over 100,000 digital images as well as 110,000 analog images. Supports daily teaching and long-term research needs of art department faculty (four art history and four studio art) and digital image needs of the interdisciplinary humanities program and other academic departments. Collaborates with the art faculty, library digital assets staff, and computing and information services to create and maintain metadata, organize and preserve digital collections, and facilitate use of visual resource collections for group instruction and individual research. Manages on-site image production. Administers the visual resources collection budget and trains and supervises student assistants. Contributes to the creation, maintenance, and evaluation of web content and services. Coordinates selection, purchasing, processing and licensing of material that support the study and teaching of art in all formats. We seek energetic candidates who welcome the opportunity to play a leadership role in providing library services in an intensely academic community.
- ALA-accredited master’s degree in library/information science and a M.A. or B.A. in art history, architecture, visual studies or a related field.
- At least 2 years experience with a visual resources collection or related position, including experience in managing digital collections and relational databases.
- Strong background in digital imaging.
- Experience with collection management and presentation software such as CONTENTdm, EmbARK, MDID, or Luna Insight.
- Knowledge of copyright issues related to image collection management.
- Supervisory experience. Background or experience in supporting diverse populations of faculty and students.
To apply, please submit a letter of introduction discussing your qualifications, along with your resume or curriculum vitae, a list of three professional references and a completed Reed Application for Employment form (original or scanned) via email to: email@example.com.
The Reed Application for Employment is located at: http://www.reed.edu/human_resources/staffsearch/index.html
Equal Opportunity Employer
Classification: Visual Resources Librarian
Salary Range: $49,989 – $77,484