Job Posting: Exhibitions & Outreach Associate, Boston Public LibraryPosted: June 25, 2012
via MBLC newsfeed
Institution: Boston Public Library
Job Title: Exhibitions & Outreach Associate
Duties/Description: The Boston Public Library is accepting applications for the Exhibitions & Outreach Associate position. The successful candidate will assist in the coordination and implementation of exhibitions, related programming, the art and architecture tour guide program at Copley Square, and fundraising initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree from recognized college or university.
- Graduate degree in related field in Education and/or Museum Studies preferred.
- In exceptional instances specialized education, training and/or experience may be substituted for part or all of the educational requirements.
- Two years or more experience in curatorial and/or exhibition coordination in museum, library, or cultural heritage institution required. This experience must include working with special collections and archival materials, including knowledge of and experience with best practices for exhibition display and content creation, appropriate preservation principles and practices, and artifact handling.
- Technologically advanced; expert user of Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated experience with digital photography, basic photo editing and resizing.
- Superior writing skills, editing skills, and attention to detail.
- Strong portfolio illustrating examples of work.
- Ability to successfully manage several demanding projects simultaneously and identify priorities in fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated with exceptional follow-up on assignments.
- Flexible Schedule: Some evening and weekend hours; weekly schedule varies based on scheduled programs and events.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job.
- Residency – to be a resident of the City of Boston upon the first day of hire.
- CORI – Must successfully clear a Criminal Offenders Record Information check with the City of Boston.
Salary: Salary: $42,273 – $62,419, DOQ. Competitive benefits.
Closing Date: July, 6, 2012
Send: Complete job description and application available at: www.cityofboston.gov/OHR/careercenter.asp
Deadline for application: July 6, 2012
In compliance with Federal and State Equal Employment Laws, Equal opportunity will be afforded to all applicants regardless of race, color, sex, age, religious creed, disability, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, ex-offender status, prior psychiatric treatment or military status.