Job Posting: Instructional Designer, Otis College of Art & Design (Los Angeles)Posted: July 2, 2012
Otis College of Art & Design
Teaching and Learning Center
The Instructional Designer position is full-time, and exempt. This position reports to the Director of the Library and Instructional Technology. The Instructional Designer provides leadership and course design assistance to all Faculty which includes developing on-line, hybrid, or technology-enhanced courses. This person will work as part of a small team who partners with Faculty to develop courses.
- Applies adult learning theory and instructional design methodology while utilizing appropriate technology to develop and enhance courses.
- Provides on-going support to instructors to help assure course success.
- Provides technical assistance and support in the creation and development of new instructional methods for online, hybrid, and technology-enhanced learning.
- Assists Department Chairs and Program Directors in evaluating the effectiveness of technologically delivered instruction.
- Coordinates the usability testing of on-line learning materials, on-line courses, and on-line programs as necessary which include: online, blended, and technology-enhanced, educational tutorials, quizzes, online collaborative projects, learning games, and/or interactive classroom tools to support the pedagogical need.
- Works with instructors to develop appropriately unified course format and packaging to provide students with seamless, and user friendly, on-line learning as they take different courses.
- Provides technology troubleshooting assistance to both students and instructors as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must have a Master’s Degree in Instructional Technology, Education, Educational Technology, Library Science or a related field, and/or working experience in technology-enhanced teaching and learning, e-learning, and in developing learning experiences for undergraduate college students. Background in the Arts is preferred. Ability to work in a team environment and with multiple priorities.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must apply via our website at http://apptrkr.com/257748 to be considered for the position.