Job Posting: Image Resources Curator, Virginia Commonwealth University School of the Arts in QatarPosted: November 7, 2012
Review of Applications Begins: November 25, 2012.
Reporting to the Head of Digital Collections and Archives at VCUQatar Libraries, the Image Resources Curator manages the day-to-day operations of the libraries’ digital collections and the university archives. This position collects, displays, promotes and advocates for digital, image and archival collections to students, faculty and the VCUQatar community.
• ALA-accredited graduate degree in Library Science or advanced degree in a related and highly relevant discipline.
• Experience in a responsible role within an academic library environment relevant to digital humanities, visual resources, images, and/or archives to develop digital exhibits and support use or archives and images in the classroom and across campus.
• Experience with the creation, maintenance, and access of digital image collections.
• Familiarity with standards, cataloging and processing of images and archives.
• Experience with current best practices for visual resources collections, reference and instruction.
• Experience working with automated academic library systems and online resources.
• Ability to meet the teaching, research, scholarship and service requirements of full-time VCUQatar faculty.
• Strong proactive public service orientation and enthusiasm for work with students, faculty and library teams.
• The ability to successfully initiate, track, and manage projects.
• Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent presentation and public speaking skills.
• Fluency in written and spoken English.
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU and VCUQatar.