Job Posting: Archives Coordinator, Sundance Institute (Park City, UT)Posted: November 28, 2012
Employment Dates: 12/1/2012-11/30/2013
Considerations: Position will work a minimum of 1 day per week at our Salt Lake City Archive facility.
Position Summary: Position will archive Institute materials, fulfill asset requests, and maintain the Sundance Institute Archive.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• 2 years experience in the arrangement and description of archival material, Masters of Library Science, or a combination of work and school experience required.
• Experience with archives scanning/digitization projects required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Proficient on both MAC and Windows platforms.
• Able to lift and move up to 30 lbs.
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and FileMaker Pro.
• Strong organizational and written communication skills.
• Able to analyze and solve problems.
• Working knowledge of library cataloging software.
• Ability to deal effectively, tactfully and discreetly with teammates and all internal and external contacts.
• General understanding of asset formats both analog and digital image and video file formats, media processing technology, batching tools, and content storage.
• Knowledge of film history and industry helpful.