Job Posting: Digital Asset Specialist, Brown University (Providence, RI)Posted: January 16, 2013
via VRA Job Opportunities
Brown University is seeking qualified applicants for a Digital Asset Specialist. Reporting through the University Library, the Digital Asset Specialist works closely with campus stakeholders to gather, ingest, and catalog materials for the campus Digital Asset Management system (DAM). The Digital Asset Specialist provides production support to campus stakeholders on the development of metadata practices, ingestion, and documentation needed to implement the hosted DAM service; works with the DAM project team to evaluate and implement metadata standards that address the needs of specific user communities and support the functional requirements of the DAM’s repository of still images and videos; ensures that DAM metadata standards are compliant with practices in other University systems; acts as a single point-of-contact for administration and support for DAM users.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or the equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• 1-3 years of experience with metadata schema such as Dublin Core, MODS, VRA, MARC or other
• 1-3 years of experience managing or cataloging multimedia materials
• Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written English
• Ability to serve multiple constituencies with varying needs
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
• Strong user service orientation and excellent interpersonal skills
• Understanding of image and video production and quality control
***Candidates please note: This is a one-year position.
To apply for this position (JOB# B01463), please visit Brown’s Online Employment website (https://careers.brown.edu).