Job Posting: Photo Archivist (Part-time) – Interlochen Center for the Arts (Michigan)Posted: May 15, 2013 Filed under: Opportunities: Job Postings | Tags: job postings, jobs Comments Off on Job Posting: Photo Archivist (Part-time) – Interlochen Center for the Arts (Michigan)
via Archives Gig
Interlochen Center for the Arts, one of America’s most prestigious institutions for arts education, performance and fine arts presentations, seeks a part time Photo Archivist for our Marketing and Communications Department. We have two core educational programs: Interlochen Arts Camp, serving 2,700 students in grades 3-12, and Interlochen Arts Academy, the nation’s premiere fine arts boarding high school with an enrollment of 470-500.
The Photo Archivist will catalog historical and contemporary images for distribution online, for sale to students, parents and alumni, and for promotional use.
- Manage Interlochen’s photo archives
- Upload historical and contemporary photos to SmugMug
- Oversee gallery creation and approval process with arts directors
- Locate images, scan, upload and create photo galleries
- Respond to parent, student and alumni inquiries (email, phone and in-person visits)
- Provide images for marketing and alumni office use