Job Opportunity: Library Assistant (Part-time) – Interlochen Center for the ArtsPosted: June 5, 2013 Filed under: Opportunities: Job Postings | Tags: job postings, jobs Comments Off on Job Opportunity: Library Assistant (Part-time) – Interlochen Center for the Arts
Interlochen Center for the Arts, one of America’s most prestigious institutions for arts education, performance and fine arts presentations seeks to fill a part time, academy school year (end of August-May) position for a Library Assistant.
The Fennell Music Library serves the music program (with dozens of large and small ensembles needs as well as solo repertoire) of two world-renowned programs, Interlochen Arts Camp and Interlochen Arts Academy, and includes extensive collections in band, orchestral, choral, chamber music, jazz, scores, and recordings.
The Seabury Academic Library serves the many arts and academic programs at both Interlochen Arts Camp and Interlochen Arts Academy in a variety of ways.
The library staff:
- Build meaningful relationships with faculty, staff and students.
- Assist patrons in finding information.
- Provide a collection that reflects and anticipates patron’s needs.
- Create a welcoming atmosphere.
This position works closely with the Bonisteel Library Director, Music Library Head and other library staff members in order to provide these services to the ICA community.
- Provide a high level of reference to students, faculty and staff
- Circulate library materials
- Process library materials including the binding of music library items, new academic library materials and those being taken out of the collection
- Assist with the preparation of materials for the summer arts camp
- Work with library staff on special projects dealing with outreach, programming and initiatives
- Assist patrons with technology issues
- Shelve books and shelf maintenance when needed
- Participate in school wide committee work when applicable
- Assist in the supervision of community service students
The successful candidate sholuld:
- Be able to work evening and weekend hours
- Familiar with Mac Operating System
- Bachelor Degree preferred
- Previous library experience a plus
Compensation and Benefits:
This is an hourly part time position (end of August-May) based upon experience and qualifications.
Interested candidates should complete the online application by clicking the “I’m interested” green button. When the candidate reaches the additional documents section a cover letter of application and a current listing of references should be uploaded.
The search will remain open until filled with a priority deadline for resume review beginning immediately.