Job Posting: Library Services Assistant 3, Access Services, Haas Arts LibraryPosted: January 21, 2014
Read more here: https://sjobs.brassring.com/1033/ASP/TG/cim_jobdetail.asp?jobId=601571&partnerid=25053&siteid=5248&codes=IINDEED
|Job Category||Clerical & Technical|
|Type of Employment||Full Time|
|Work Location||University Library System|
|Worksite Address||180-200 York Street|
|Work Week||Standard (M-F equal number of hours per day)|
|Total # of hours to be worked:||37.5|
|Principal Responsibilities||1. Answers questions on use and restrictions of materials.
2. Composes correspondence answering reference questions. Performs a variety of public services and technical services functions.
3. Searches and verifies bibliographic data with incomplete information or source material in catalogs, reference sources, files and databases.
4. Corrects or recommends corrections in data files.
5. Instructs, provides work direction or revises the work of other staff. May assists in the coordination and distribution of work.
6. Determines and assigns library privileges to visitors. Completes and processes interlibrary loan requests. Monitors expenditures, reconciles statements and maintains records.
7. Arranges, describes and prepares finding aids for collection.
8. Mounts, labels, catalogs, slides and photographs. Assists in preparation of exhibits.
9. Oversees a library during evening and weekends.
10. Performs clerical functions incidental to library activities.
|Required Education and Experience||Four years of related work experience, two of them in the same job family at the next lower level, and a high school level education; or two years of related work experience and an Associate’s degree; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.|
|Required Skill/Ability 1:||Proficiency in spoken and written English, including the rules of grammar and spelling, and demonstrably effective oral and written communication skills.|
|Required Skill/Ability 2:||Ability to work effectively and tactfully in a busy service department with many staff and a large clientele. Demonstrated ability in providing high quality customer service in a responsive and friendly manner.|
|Required Skill/Ability 3:||Strong organizational skills and the ability to work reliably and independently, exercising initiative and setting priorities while working without immediate supervision and while working collaboratively with others.|
|Required Skill/Ability 4:||Ability to push loaded book trucks, lift packages and/or books, use step stools and ladders, reach up/bend down, stand/walk for all scheduled hours, tolerate dust.|
|Required Skill/Ability 5:||Proficiency with office technology including library catalogs and databases, copiers, printers, and scanners. Strong proficiency with Word and Excel and ability to learn new programs.|
|Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:||Basic knowledge of one or more widely used languages other than English; familiarity with office machines; experience and proficiency with using standard linear measuring devices and mathematics needed to calculate and extrapolate from results.|