ARLIS/NA Northwest Chapter 2014 Conference Travel AwardPosted: January 22, 2014
Are you an Art Librarian or Library Student living in Alaska, Alberta, British Columbia, Idaho, Oregon, Washington and/or Yukon Territory? Then you should apply for the Northwest Chapter Travel Award!
An award in the amount of $500 (USD) to attend the ARLIS/NA conference in Washington, D.C., May 1-5, 2014 will be given to one member of the ARLIS/NA Northwest Chapter.
Applicants must be current members/affiliates of the Northwest Chapter, this includes members who are still currently students. If you have not yet joined the Chapter or renewed your membership for 2014 please contact Suzanne Rackover, Chair, ARLIS/NA-Northwest Chapter directly for details on membership and/or renewal.
The Chapter’s executive committee will consider these factors in evaluating the applications:
– Is this the first time the member has attended an annual conference?
– Is the member actively involved in the Northwest Chapter?
– What are the member’s specific goals for the conference (e.g. giving a paper, serving on a committee, chairing a session, professional development)?
– What level of financial support is available from the member’s home institution?
Please send your application with the following information to Suzanne Rackover, Chair, ARLIS/NA Northwest Chapter (email@example.com)
5. Phone number
6. Email address
7. Short explanation of why the Chapter should support your attendance at the annual conference (not to exceed 250 words).
All eligible applications submitted by Friday, February 15th will be considered. This timeline ensures applicants have ample time to take advantage of the early bird registration deadline.
**In addition to attending the conference, the award winner must also submit a written report on the conference to the Chapter Secretary by Saturday, June 14th, 2014. This report will be posted on the NW Chapter’s website (http://nw.arlisna.org/travel_award_reports.htm).