Call for Presenters: Emerging Technologies Forum, ARLIS/NA 2014Posted: February 1, 2014
The Conference Program Committee, the Professional Development Committee, and the Art Library Students & New ARLIS Professionals Section (ArLiSNAP) are pleased to announce that the Emerging Technology Forum will be featured again in Washington. The session will be held on Saturday, May 3, from 2:30 until 4:30 pm at the Grand Hyatt.
The Emerging Technology Forum will feature presenters sharing their knowledge of cutting-edge technologies through hands-on demonstrations at technology stations and brief presentations.
PLEASE NOTE: The Forum will be held concurrently with the exhibits and the poster sessions.
Have you harnessed a technology tool to make your job more efficient, your teaching more effective, or your collections more accessible? Consider sharing your expertise and experience with your fellow conference attendees.
Submission deadline: Friday, February 21, 2014
Requirements for Participation:
Presenters will be required to prepare a hands-on component to demonstrate tableside at a technology station for the duration of the 2-hour session, prepare and give a brief five-minute presentation to a larger group during the 2-hour session, and provide handouts about the technology.
Presenters will be asked to provide their own hardware (laptops/tablets, etc.) for their demonstration station. WiFi will be provided.
- Blogging (example: Tumblr)
- Citation Management (example: Zotero)
- Concept Mapping (examples: Compendium, FreeMind)
- Content Management Systems (examples: Omeka, Drupal)
- GIS Mapping
- Photo Sharing
- Social Media (example: Pinterest)
Demonstrations of free or open-source technologies are preferred.
Examples of presentations featured in the inaugural forum held in Pasadena in 2013:
- Building Interfaces to Digital Collections with Viewshare – Jefferson Bailey
- Pinterest As More Than a Collection of Images – Shannon Lane
- Crowdsourcing Projects, from Start to Finish – Mary-Michelle Moore & Fallon Bleich
- If This Then That: Taming the Web Using IFTTT – Caitlin Pereira
- Getting from Chaos to Strategy: Process Delineation in the Digital Age – John Trendler
- Expanding Zotero’s Image Universe: Building Translators to Harvest our Digital Collections – Alexander Watkins
TO SUBMIT A PROPOSAL FOR THE EMERGING TECHNOLOGY FORUM, COMPLETE THE SUBMISSION FORM HERE.[https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Emerging_Tech_Forum_2014]