P/T Database Entry Coordinator– chashamaPosted: April 1, 2014 | |
Location: New York
Employment Type: P/T
chashama Arts, an NYC based arts non-profit that nurtures artists by transforming unused property into affordable work and presentation space, is seeking a Database Entry Coordinator to add, update and organize existing information using Filemaker Pro.
Efforts will be focused on: transferring years of company data into the organization’s Filemaker Pro database; streamlining internal data entry procedures; providing user support and suggesting improvements to the database; and ongoing maintenance of record accuracy.
The Database Entry Coordinator must be a professional with at least 1-2 years of experience implementing and/or using Filemaker Pro, or equivalent cross-platform (Mac & Windows) relational database software, with preferable experience in: Cataloging and metadata management, data entry coordination, user interface interaction, mail list and data management.
- Able to identify inefficiencies, address issues that arise during data transfer, and advise staff on how to correct errors and make necessary modifications to entry methods/processes.
- Organized, extremely detail orientated, focused, with excellent skills in communication, multi-tasking, time management, and problem solving.
- Able to work independently as well as collaboratively. A strong sense of initiative and independence is a must.
- Proficiency in Mac OS X, Windows, Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel) is required. Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat, Outlook and Google Apps a plus.
- Has an understanding and familiarity with cultural institutions and non-profits.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements, with subject line “Database Entry Coordinator” to email@example.com