PT Information Assistant– FIT LibraryPosted: May 13, 2014 | |
Provide administrative support for the Office of Library Directors. Organize Library social media initiatives by creating engagement with library services and resources through the College’s website and social media outlets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Web and Social Media Responsibilities
- Evaluate, maintain and update the Library’s web page, social networking sites, wikis and other technologies that may be implemented in workflows
- Use the college’s CMS to update library access and service information on all pages for the Library’s website
- Conduct training and information sessions to educate library personnel on emerging social media technologies and applications
- Remain abreast of the current technologies relevant to social media, web content delivery and library administration
- Troubleshoot and resolve IT issues
Assist the Administrative Coordinator and work as part of a Library Leadership team
- Provide a wide range of administrative support for the Office of the Library Directors, including calendaring, files management, research, budgetary activities and travel arrangements
- Participate on a variety of library-wide and college committees
- Special projects as required
- Bachelor’s Degree required and three years of appropriate administrative experience
- Proficient with MS office suite; expert level excel preferred.
- Social Media applications experience e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram, Foursquare etc.; Experience working with Adobe CS and content management systems preferred
- Experience working independently and using initiative
- Proven ability to work within a diverse environment
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent customer service and conflict resolution skills, tact, resourcefulness and the ability to identify and solve problems
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, organization skills and be detail oriented
- Ability to train personnel and conduct information sessions
- Must possess evaluative/problem solving abilities
Work is performed under typical library conditions with requirements for frequent sitting and standing for long periods of time, as well as frequent lifting and carrying of heavy library materials and maneuvering carts full of books. Ability to sit or stand for long intervals. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and push and pull 100 or more pounds.
Current Salary Schedule: 89/0 $24.68 per hour
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression of every individual’s ability, the FIT community fosters its mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race, national origin, gender, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment, including the opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals.
Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 9am-4pm; Wednesday 9am-5pm 25 hours per week
Schedule subject to change based on department needs
FIT has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Full posting here.