Job Posting: Part-Time Librarian and Sales Associate, at the Brooklyn Art Library, Williamsburg, NYCPosted: May 26, 2014
The Brooklyn Art Library in Williamsburg, Brooklyn is seeking a part-time Librarian and Sales Associate.
We are the home to The Sketchbook Project, a massive library of artist sketchbooks. Our space holds over 31,000 sketchbooks and growing, from all over the world. We act like a reference library and shop that is open to the public every day.
- Talking about the project, and introducing people to the organizational system, open projects, and requested sketchbooks.
- Pulling books from the que of books to be checked out
- Checking in and returning books to their place on the shelves
- Making blank project submissions to be sold in store
- Customer service and sales
- General upkeep of the library and store
Qualities we are looking for in a candidate:
- Ability to talk about a complicated project with ease
- Love of artwork and some knowledge of artistic processes
- Attention to detail
- Mac Proficiency
- Must be able to work Saturday and Sundays between 11:30 and 8:00.
There is no information about compensation, and no deadline for applications.