Cataloguer, Louise Bourgeois Archive Project– MOMAPosted: June 15, 2014 Filed under: Archives, Museums, Opportunities: Job Postings Comments Off on Cataloguer, Louise Bourgeois Archive Project– MOMA
Specific responsibilities are as follows:- Enters information into computer database, and prepares and formats it for the online catalogue of Bourgeois’s works: http://www.moma.org/bourgeoisprints.
– Assists with processing new Bourgeois acquisitions and establishing their collection storage.
– Prepares collection-related receipts and acquisitions lists.
– Helps to coordinate photography and imaging requests, as needed.
– Helps to maintain project files and records, in both hard copy and digital formats.
– Works collaboratively with MoMA’s Digital Media, and Collection and Exhibition Technologies Departments and, on occasion, with outside web designers and developers.
– Works collaboratively with the Louise Bourgeois Studio on research matters.
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s degree, art history preferred, general knowledge of modern and contemporary art and works on paper, and familiarity with print techniques. Prior experience with works of art and collections organization and cataloguing and general office experience preferred. Prior experience with team-based projects preferred. Detail-oriented and well-organized. Knowledge of databases and data processing. Strong research and communication skills (written and oral). Accurate typing required. Ability to collaborate on a team project.
Please submit resume and cover letter, which must include salary requirements, to email@example.com. Please reference the position title in the subject line.
The Museum of Modern Art is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or political affiliation.
Full post here.