Job Posting: Digital Asset Specialist / Product Photographer, Joe Fresh, TorontoPosted: July 8, 2014
This position isn’t something I’d usually post, but it looks like it could be great for someone who started out in photography and/or design and then moved into visual resource management:
The Digital Asset Specialist works within the Content Team assisting with the development and maintenance of digital web content to help drive customer acquisition and engagement. This Colleague is an expert at image production and manipulation to achieve the highest image quality and creative goals in the digital realm, including photography, retouching, post production work on digital photography, Data Asset Management, and a variety of design studio elements. This Colleague must demonstrate a positive, professional attitude and have the ability to work under pressure, within extremely tight deadlines.
• Oversees and updates online digital content that is customer facing, product-specific;
• Works with internal teams, external partners and third-party agencies to identify digital asset requirements including creative direction and technical requirements;
• Creates digital assets using in-house equipment which includes cameras, lightbox and relevant software.
• Develops creative direction for website photography, styling, lighting, angle of each digital assets whether producing the digital assets in house or providing direction to external vendors, managing overall quality;
• Secures digital assets from internal Loblaw systems and external partners as required; .
• Modifies both created and secured digital assets as required. Modification includes clipping path, retouching, colour masking, colour correction or other as required; Responsible for maintaining eCommerce digital assets and metadata within the company’s Digital Asset Management System;
• Responsible for producing best in class creative solutions across company website including establishing and maintaining standards for design and production best practices;
• Suggests new ideas; identifying the possibilities of new initiatives, processes and innovative programs.
• B.A . in Graphic Design or related field
• 2-5 years photography experience preferred
• 1-3 years of related experience
• Possess a strong sense of design fundamentals including color, composition, typography, and in-depth knowledge of web design principles
• An entrepreneurial attitude, who is self-motivated, independent, able to deftly multi-task, and work in a fast paced environment.
• Exceptional verbal, written and visual communication skills to work with cross-functional teams to plan, collaborate, develop and refine ideas
• A dedicated team player with strong interpersonal skills and commitment
• Strong portfolio that demonstrates creative skills (provide examples)