Professional Development Opportunity – 60+ Graduate-Level Courses Offered Online through i.School Open Classes Program at San Jose State UniversityPosted: July 17, 2014
Update Your Knowledge and Expand Your Professional Opportunities
There’s just about one week left to sign up for courses offered in the exclusively online i.School Open Classes program at the San Jose State University School of Library and Information Science.
If you are looking for professional development opportunities that fit your interests and learning objectives, we encourage you to review the fall 2014 course list. There are more than 60 graduate-level courses covering a variety of topics. And all the courses offer an in-depth learning experience that can help you address workplace challenges. Plus, you’ll earn college credit.
As stated by Jessica Berger who participated in the Open Classes program this summer, “The i.School Open Classes program is incredible. In just these few weeks, the course work is already helping me improve my skills as a librarian assistant.”
Choose courses in any of the following areas:
- Developing and Managing Information Systems and Web Applications
- Information Assurance, Big Data, Informatics, and Information Visualization
- Leadership and Management
- Managing, Preserving, and Curating Digital Assets, Records, and Other Cultural Heritage Artifacts
- Information Organization and Retrieval
- Information Intermediation and Instruction
- Library Services for Children and Young Adults
- Courses Covering Specific Library Environments
- Research and Program Evaluation
- Language and Culture for Information Professionals
The deadline to sign up for fall classes is July 23, and a school representative will contact you to confirm enrollment by August 6. Fall session courses run from August 25 through December 18, 2014.
Open Classes courses are electives offered in our school’s Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS) program, which is fully accredited by the American Library Association, and Master of Archives and Records Administration (MARA) program. All courses in the i.School Open Classes program are delivered exclusively online.
The i.School Open Classes program is open to everyone with a Bachelor’s degree or higher. Enrollment is based on space availability and is not guaranteed. Course fees are $474 (USD) per unit, and most courses are 3 units. Fees are subject to change.