Job Posting: Artstor Digital Library & Shared Shelf Account Manager – NYC, NYPosted: August 6, 2014
Artstor is a nonprofit organization with a mission to use digital technology to enhance scholarship, teaching, and learning in the arts and sciences. We bring together 1.8 million high-quality images for education and research and offer the tools to catalog, manage, and distribute digital media collections. Our products and services are made available via the Internet through site licenses with educational and other nonprofit institutions. Artstor is headquartered in New York, NY.
The Account Manager will be responsible for increasing revenues and subscriptions to the Digital Library and Shared Shelf, Artstor’s collection management service. This position includes some travel (10%-30%), and requires a self-motivated, flexible, organized team player who thrives in an environment of constant change.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Sales of Artstor digital content and tools by developing relationships with a diverse group of decision makers, including academic librarians, administrators and faculty members.
· Prospect for new accounts introducing educational institutions, departments, and libraries to Artstor products and services.
· Demonstrate digital products and tools, providing librarians and faculty members with useful information and strategies for promoting Artstor as a campus-wide resource and platform.
· Work with team members to meet and exceed participation and revenue goals on an annual basis.
· Communicate Artstor’s mission, messages, and fees to potential customers.
· Respond to inquiries, update customer information management tool and pipeline, negotiate basic terms of License Agreements, give remote demonstrations, and set up trial access.
· Represent Artstor at conferences and other events.
· Keeps up-to-date on various Artstor initiatives and developments and being able to communicate these initiatives to potential participants.
· Additional special projects as assigned by managers and other senior staff members.
· Two to three years of experience selling digital content or software solutions to librarians and other decision makers in higher education.
· Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (Library Science or Art History).
· Experience in academic library or Web/software development fields.
· Excellent communication skills in a variety of settings.
· Attention to detail and accuracy.
· Ability to work well as a team member.
· Comfortable with technology, including familiarity with metadata structures, trends, and Web development.
· Exceptional organizational skills.
· Able to perform independently, be self-motivated, adapt to constant change, and juggle multiple tasks with a positive attitude.
· Strong commitment and interest in the use of images in an educational setting.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
· Familiarity with the Artstor Digital Library and/or Shared Shelf.
· Art, art history, or architectural background.
· Business development, marketing, and/or academic library experience.
· Working knowledge of image management software and database technology.
· Experience with customer relationship management software (Talisma, Sales Force, or other).
Artstor is an equal opportunity employer. Artstor offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a collegial working environment. Nominations and applications, including a cover letter, resume and salary history should be emailed to: email@example.com.