Job Posting: Materials Librarian, Tiffany’s, New York CityPosted: August 12, 2014 Filed under: Opportunities: Job Postings | Tags: design, materials, new york city Comments Off on Job Posting: Materials Librarian, Tiffany’s, New York City
Well, this is interesting.
The Materials Specialist/Librarian will play an essential role in the design, development, maintenance, and physical organization of the Studio – cataloguing materials, overseeing inventory and replenishment of material samples, as well as working with vendors on new and existing designs. This position is responsible for overseeing and supervising the material brand standards through presentation boards, samples quality, and consistency. S/he will support the Decorative Manager and Interiors team in developing custom finishes, textiles, and other architectural and interiors materials required by Store Design worldwide…. The Materials Specialist will also have responsibilities as a librarian. S/he will be expected to catalogue and maintain the book library. This includes monitoring, styling, and maintaining the overall appearance of the studio as per established guidelines and the upkeep of storage and organization of archived projects.
There is no salary information, no application deadline, and no information about whether this is full-time, permanent, etc. But, if you’ve got retail, interior design, cataloguing, and inventory experience, this might be right up your alley (especially if you’re a jewelry hound).
- College degree or higher in Interior Design or equivalent work experience
- Three to five years business experience, preferably in luxury, high-end retail design
- Expert knowledge in architectural and interior materials
- Excellent written/verbal communication and diplomacy skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- The ability to multi-task and run projects independantly
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications, including Word and Excel, as well as in Adobe Photoshop
- Working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD