Job Posting: Associate Archivist, Contemporary Art Gallery, NY, NYPosted: September 18, 2014
A leading contemporary gallery in Chelsea is looking for a dynamic, highly organized, self-motivated candidate to fill a full-time Associate Archivist position. The ideal candidate must be detail-oriented, highly organized, proactive attitude, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities.
Manage Press and Text archive for Gallery and Gallery Artists
• Research press and publications, domestic and internationally
• Manage Artist Press Portfolios for use by clients and institutions
• Track online presence for Gallery and Gallery Artists
Manage Book Library
• Tracking and ensuring gallery has all publications that Artists are included in
• Research and purchase books related to Gallery programming
• Create and maintain book inventory system
• Manage Gallery Book store
Manage Image Archives
• With Photographers oversight, maintain the digital and hard image archives
• Manage Literature and Exhibition Histories
• Other duties as needed.