Submit your proposal for the ArLiSNAP/VREPS Virtual Conference!Posted: October 15, 2014
ArLiSNAP and VREPS (Visual Resources Emerging Professionals and Students) are joining forces to host a virtual conference this winter! The conference is titled Visualizing the Future: New Perspectives in Art Librarianship, and will take place on the afternoon of Saturday, January 17th, 2015. This is an excellent opportunity for those who cannot be physically present at our annual conferences.
We are looking for students and new professionals with an interest in art librarianship or visual resources management to present their work. Have you been working on a project using technology in a new way? Do you have thoughts to share on topics such as metadata and visual resources, copyright and the arts, or visual literacy? Would you like to share your work with the ARLIS and VRA communities? Submit your proposal, and add your voice to our discussion on the future of the field!
Other sessions in this event will include:
- A roundtable of new professionals, who will share advice about starting out in your career. The speakers will answer questions about their work, as well as their thoughts on the best ways to gain experience and job hunt in this field.
- A panel on initiatives in art archiving, where speakers working on documentation and preservation will discuss their work, and suggest ways for students to get involved.
- A keynote speech from art librarian Elizabeth Lane, who will discuss her current work and her thoughts on the future of the profession.
- Presenters must be MLIS students or new professionals with fewer than five years of experience in the field.
- Presentations will be between ten and fifteen minutes in length.
- Ideally, presenters will be available for a live presentation and brief Q&A session on the afternoon of Saturday, January 17th, 2015. However, pre-recording the presentation prior to the event may also be possible.
Submit your proposal via this link by Saturday, November 15th.
If you have any questions about this event, please don’t hesitate to contact Ellen Tisdale, ArLiSNAP Co-Moderator, at ellen.j.tisdale [at] gmail [dot] com.