Reference Librarian– Savannah College of Art and DesignPosted: October 16, 2014 Filed under: Opportunities: Job Postings Comments Off on Reference Librarian– Savannah College of Art and Design
SCAD libraries are focal points for inspiration, information, study and research. The university seeks a reference and instruction librarian to support these growing and rapidly changing environments.
Reporting to the Head of Reference Services at SCAD Savannah, you will apply your strong public service orientation and customer service skills to assist talented students and faculty in their academic pursuits.
On a daily basis, you will provide patron services at the reference desk, in classes, and over the Web; conduct research workshops and orientations; and instruct patrons on how to best take advantage of the library’s print and online information resources.
We invite you to develop research guides, videos and other instructional resources and services; connect with the SCAD community through outreach programs, social media and other venues; contribute to collection development; identify and apply new technologies that enhance research and instruction; and liaise with departments throughout the university.
You will also represent SCAD through local and national library organizations and participate in library and university-wide events and activities.
– ALA-accredited M.L.S. or M.L.I.S. degree
– Undergraduate or graduate degree in a subject taught at SCAD
– Familiarity with traditional and online information sources, particularly in art/design subject areas
– Working knowledge of effective research strategies and innovations in library instruction
– Superior verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and strong customer service orientation
Full post here.