Job Posts in CanadaPosted: October 20, 2014
Architecture Librarian, University of Waterloo
The Architecture Librarian, as the Librarian for the School of Architecture, is responsible for the development, delivery, and assessment of the information services & resources required for the research, teaching and learning of the School of Architecture. The Architecture Librarian is accountable for the development and ongoing management of the Musagetes Architecture Library as related to its facilities and services. The Architecture Librarian will also take on a specialization.
User Experience Librarian, University of Toronto
The User Experience Librarian develops templates and toolkits for web accessibility, usability, interface consistency and assessment, working as a member of the Libraries’ web development technical team to provide broad support to UTL web development initiatives. Working with the Assessment Librarian, the User Experience Librarian coordinates analysis and reporting on library web site usage, to support recommendations for digital library service and web site development. Working with reference and instruction librarians, the User Experience Librarian ensures that library services and resources are promoted and supported on all user platforms.
Archives Assistant, Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology, Markham, ON
Seneca Libraries is developing an archive to preserve documents, photographs, slides, and other media related to the history and operations of Seneca College. The focus of this project is to develop and implement procedures for processing and storing archival objects according to professional archival and records management standards.
We are seeking a student who is interested in gaining experience with basic preservation, accessioning, arrangement, and description of archival prints, negatives, slides, documents, and other media.
Systems Librarian, OCAD University, Toronto
- Administer, maintain and troubleshoot systems that support the operational needs and services of the University Library including Reference & Instructional Services, E-Resources & E-Learning Support, Visual Resources & Special Collections, and Collection Development & Access, in consultation with the University Librarian and the Library Heads
- Collaborate with IT Services on the successful completion of prioritized projects to advance collection management, scholarly communications and discovery and access services and emerging library service or collection initiatives.
- Serve as Library Systems subject matter expert in relation to areas, such as data mapping for integration of library system functions with institutional information systems, and integration of library systems, including institutional repository, with visual resources systems and learning management systems
- Serve as primary liaison between OCAD U Library and SirsiDynix, Scholars Portal, Institutional Repository software vendor (EPrints), and other software or service providers
- Provide system and application administration for the virtualized library system (Horizon SaaS) and for all related peripherals and workstations, including oversight of installation and software maintenance