Job Posting: Cataloguing and Digitization Archivist, Stratford Festival Theatre, ONPosted: November 7, 2014
(via the ARCAN-L listserv; no link!)
Would you like to play a meaningful role with North America’s leading classical repertory theatre? At the Stratford Festival, we attract the world’s finest talent, offering a unique experience for staff, artists, and actors alike. If you would like to be a part of this exciting organization, we are looking for someone to fill the role of….
Cataloguing and Digitization Archivist
This full time position will report to the Director of Archives and will divide their time equally between two major areas of responsibilities;
• Digitization of archive content for the purposes of a) preservation, b) reuse by the Festival in the context of marketing, production support, etc; and c) research by external researchers.
• Surveying, accessioning and cataloguing of material in the Archive to improve the management and exploitation of the collections
Main tasks will be as follows:
• Copyright and rights investigation and documentation
• Digitization pre-processing work
• Digitization of collections (incl photographic preservation and creation of catalogue entries for object access) according to guidelines
• Active input to the development of the above processes
• Surveying of material currently in the Archive and retrospective accessioning of this material
• Accessioning of new material that enters into the Archives
• Cataloguing materials to relevant standards as prioritized by the Director of Archives and creation of authority records
You must hold a professional archives qualification and have practical experience of working in a busy archive department. Experience of cataloguing, digitization and use of software such as Adobe PhotoShop is required. Familiarity with Canadian copyright and information law in an archival setting is also necessary; knowledge of theatre and experience working in a theatre environment would be an asset.
We recognize that diversity – in our workplace, in our audiences and on our stages fosters a rich and creative environment. We are actively engaged in building a more diverse workplace and encourage all qualified applicants to apply by December 5, 2014 to;