Job Posting: A/V Archivist, University of Houston, TXPosted: November 19, 2014 Filed under: Opportunities: Job Postings | Tags: academic libraries, archives, audio video Comments Off on Job Posting: A/V Archivist, University of Houston, TX
Reporting to the Coordinator of Digital Projects within the Special Collections department, the successful candidate will work closely with Special Collections librarians and archivists to manage the preservation, acquisition, and use of the department’s audiovisual collections and related digital materials and make recommendations for their description and arrangement. Responsibilities will include: creating and implementing policies and procedures for handling these materials; ensuring they are managed and described according to best practices; working collaboratively with other departments to recommend and oversee equipment, vendors, and technologies as needed; researching copyright issues related to these materials; writing grants to further describe, preserve, and provide access to AV collections; and keeping current with pertinent trends, innovations, and best practices.
- Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited library program
- Relevant professional experience which includes the handling and preservation of audiovisual materials in multiple formats
- Familiarity with best practices for describing audiovisual and digital materials that support access and use
- Ability to work effectively, independently, and collaboratively in a collegial environment
- Excellent oral, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Must be able to safely lift and carry 40 lbs.