Job Posting: Cataloger/Reference Librarian (Part-time), George Eastman House International Museum of Photography and Film, Rochester, NYPosted: December 12, 2014
Job Title: Cataloger/Reference Librarian (Part-time)
Department: Richard and Ronay Menschel Library
Reports To:Virginia Dodier, Associate Librarian
Status: Part-time – 28 hours per week
Start Date: Immediately
Posting Dates: December 9, 2014 through December 23, 2014
Responsible for cataloging and maintaining online library collection database. Provide reference and advisory services to researchers, staff, students, volunteers and library visitors.
- Catalog and classify library collection materials in all formats and languages, using Online Computer Library Center (OCLC) Connexion and following Anglo-American Cataloging Rules (2nd ed.) (AACR2) and Library of Congress Subject Headings (LCSH). Both original cataloging and copy cataloging required.
- Manage Voyager Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC) modules and OCLC cataloging and interlibrary loan modules. Perform system implementations, upgrades and integration of new modules, as needed.
- Act as liaison to the University of Rochester (UR) for George Eastman House (GEH) library records held in the UR Voyager OPAC system. Serve as first responder for any Voyager issues, troubleshooting and working with the UR support team, as needed.
- Serve as contact person for OCLC and Rochester Regional Library Council.
- Fulfill library reference requests submitted through GEH website, letter, email, or phone.
- Instruct researchers, students, visitors and staff in the use of library catalogs and finding aids, and in the safe handling of library materials. Provide student orientations and tours.
- Manage the serials operation responsibilities, including purchasing. Supervise volunteers in serials processing and record keeping.
- Direct and supervise student workers and volunteers to ensure that work meets standards.
- Assist the Associate Librarian with library policies and procedures, specifically for cataloging and reference services.
- Purchase and catalog library acquisitions. Maintain acquisition records.
- Submit and process all interlibrary loan (ILL) requests for materials not available at GEH, as requested by staff and students.
- Catalog materials for the Conservation Department library.
- Other responsibilities/projects as assigned by the Associate Librarian.
- Supervise students and volunteers. Ensure that work meets standards.
Please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration to Virginia Dodier, Associate Librarian firstname.lastname@example.org