Job Posts in Canada this weekPosted: December 24, 2014
Collections Registrar, New Brunswick Military History Museum, Oromocto, NB
– Initiating the compilation of clear and accurate records of the collection
– With the cooperation of Museum Staff will accession items that are relevant to the museum’s mission mandate and follow Collections Management procedures.
– With the cooperation of Museum Staff and Volunteers will carry out research in order to document objects fully and accurately
– Catalogue all accessioned items in CFAMS (Canadian Forces Artefact Management System)
– Prepare condition reports as necessary; ensures that objects are handled carefully and efficiently.
– Maintain a separate inventory file that indicates the location and condition of all items in the collection(s)
– Provide weekly progress reports in written format in an e-mail or a word document or both and submit to the Direct/Curator for discussion at the end of each week.
– Document all Collections Management concerns/issues and submit to the Director/Curator for further action.
2015 Summer Heritage Research Assistant, City of Guelph
- Assist Planning Staff and Heritage Guelph, the municipal heritage committee, in completing property research leading to designation recommendations under the Ontario Heritage Act
- Undertake work on special projects related to the City’s heritage conservation program.
Copyright Librarian, University of Alberta, Calgary
- Develops, implements, and coordinates campus-wide copyright education program and services, including the development of a wide range of print and online educational resources targeted to unique users groups at all campuses
- Responds to copyright and fair dealing inquiries from faculty, students and staff, including those regarding photocopying, copyright permissions and clearances, and negotiating author’s rights
- Assesses needs for, and evaluates impact of, copyright education program and services
- In collaboration with Copyright Office and General Counsel, drafts and amends policies based on legal, academic and university needs
- Liaises with appropriate Learning Services and campus units – such as the Centre for Teaching and Learning, Information Services and Technology, Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research – to market and promote copyright education program
- Advises the Library on copyright issues relating to scholarly communications, licensing, donations, digital projects, and archives and special collections
- Monitors legislative developments and legal opinions involving copyright and its application in the university, in particular with regard to learning, teaching, research and scholarly communication
Assistant Curator, Museums of Burlington, ON
1. Assists in the storage and ongoing care of the collections.
2. Track collections, including accessioning, cataloguing, condition reporting and recording loans.
3. Assist with the preparation, installation and removal of objects and materials on exhibition.
4. Assist with the preparation of cases and mounts for objects and exhibit materials.
5. Daily maintenance of all permanent and temporary exhibitions and historic settings.
6. Research enquiries and requests for information.
7. Provide task direction to volunteers on the administration of collections and exhibition materials.
8. Assist with the dissemination of exhibitions, marketing, and communications.
9. Support exhibition content research and production.
10. Assist in the reception functions of the Museum.