Internship: Artist in Residence Intern, Art Gallery of Ontario, TorontoPosted: January 6, 2015
The Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO), is one of the most distinguished art museums in North America. The AGO is a centre of exhibition production, art-based education, exhibitions, gallery tours, dining, and retail that is committed to delivering an incredible experience to our visitors. If you are seeking a dynamic, multi-faceted work environment and would like to contribute to the Gallery’s success then bring your skills and experience to the position of
Artist in Residence Intern
February 2, 2015 – April 17, 2015
10 hours per week
Under the direction of the Manager, Artist in Residence and Adult Programs this position will research art fairs, past and present feminist organizing strategies, alternative cultural economies, local and national feminist events taking place in 2015, and will identify potential collaborators, curators, spaces and artists to participate in a an event planned by Feminist Art Gallery late 2015.
* Provide a comprehensive research report that includes a timeline, mapping and summary of fairs and events and individuals in development of new artwork by the spring’s artists in residence;
* Draft a new model for an art fair informed by feminist practices;
* Attend relevant meetings to learn about the collaborative working processes of the AGO, and its institutional history of public programming.
Our Ideal Candidate:
* Currently enrolled in a post-secondary fine art studies, curatorial or museums program
* Demonstrated organizational skills
* Demonstrated knowledge of contemporary art practice and theory
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Attention to detail, research and writing skills
* Knowledge of MS Office, especially MS WORD and MS EXCEL.
* Experience using a CMS (Content Management System) an asset
* All applicants will be required to be enrolled in a post-secondary or graduate educational program in order to be considered;
* The successful applicant will be required to coordinate the approval of a completed Work / Education Agreement Form provided by the Ministry of Education from their educational institution.
* The learning objectives of this position relate to the school program you are currently registered for.
* You will not be paid for your time.
Jan 14 2015