ARLIS/NA Northwest Chapter Conference Travel AwardPosted: January 8, 2015
$500.00 to go to the ARLIS/NA conference in Fort Worth, Texas (March 19-23, 2015).
Deadline Friday, January 9, 2015!
Applicants must be current members/affiliates of the Northwest Chapter, this includes members who are still currently students. If you have not yet joined the Chapter or renewed your membership for 2015 please use the attached form or follow this link to the online form. The Northwest Chapter now accepts PayPal (details here)
The Chapter’s executive committee will consider these factors in evaluating the applications:
– Is this the first time the member has attended an annual conference?
– Is the member actively involved in the Northwest Chapter?
– What are the member’s specific goals for the conference (e.g. giving a paper, serving on a committee, chairing a session, professional development)?
– What level of financial support is available from the member’s home institution?
Please send your application with the following information to Suzanne Rackover, email@example.com
5. Phone number
6. Email address
7. Short explanation of why the Chapter should support your attendance at the annual conference (not to exceed 250 words).
All eligible applications submitted by Friday, January 9th, 2015 will be considered. This timeline ensures applicants have ample time to take advantage of the early bird registration deadline.
**In addition to attending the conference, the award winner must also submit a written report on the conference to the Chapter Secretary by Saturday, May 16, 2015. This report will be posted on the NW Chapter’s website (http://nw.arlisna.org/travel_award_reports.htm).
The executive committee looks forward to receiving many applications!
Suzanne Rackover, MA MLIS
(outgoing) Chair, ARLIS/NA-Northwest Chapter