Job Posting: Reference Librarian – SCAD, Savannah, GAPosted: January 9, 2015
The Savannah School of Art and Design is seeking applicants for the position of Reference Librarian.
This position works with Reference Department staff and other library staff members to assist students, faculty and staff in their research and instruction needs. The Reference Librarian also assists in the promotion of library collections and services to the SCAD Community.
· ALA-accredited MLS or MLIS degree
· Ability to plan and provide library instruction that incorporates information literacy standards and current teaching practices
· Current knowledge in the library field to address general and subject-specific information resources and effective search strategies
· Up-to-date and knowledgeable about emerging technologies that support reference and instructional services
· Education or significant research experience in one or more subjects offered at SCAD
· Superior verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
· Prior experience working collaboratively with faculty, students and staff in an academic library environment is preferred
Details and application instructions can be viewed at https://scadjobs.scad.edu/postings/9601.