Job Posts in Canada this weekPosted: February 4, 2015 Filed under: Copyright, Opportunities: Job Postings | Tags: academic libraries, archives, audio video, Canada, Copyright Comments Off on Job Posts in Canada this week
Copyright Services Librarian, Centennial College, Scarborough, ON
•Develops and communicates College copyright policies, guidelines, and procedures to the College community
•Responds to queries on copyright, fair dealing, licenses, permissions, intellectual property, and related matters from members of the College community
•Prepares library copyright policies and procedures, advising library personnel on copyright matters specific to library collections, services, and projects
•Provides guidance and advice on copyright as it relates to all aspects of academic delivery (classroom, learning management system, and instructional technologies)
•Educates faculty, staff, and all College employees in copyright and related issues, designing and delivering instruction (in close collaboration with the Centre for Organizational Learning and Teaching) through various modes of delivery such as websites, workshops, consultations, and online tutorials
•Negotiates and/or facilitates copyright permissions, clearances, licenses to ensure compliance with legislation
•Leads the planning, operation, delivery, and enhancement of Copyright Services for the College, working in close collaboration with the Senior Library Technician for Copyright & Special Projects to ensure timely logging, processing, and tracking of queries, clearances, and licenses; compilation and analysis of data and statistics
•Promotes best practices and an integrated approach to copyright compliance through close collaboration with College departments and with third parties such as the bookstore and printing services
•Monitors, and remains current on legislative developments in copyright, fair dealing, intellectual property, licensing, open access and related matters
Librarian / Archivist, UBC, Vancouver
Overview of the position:
Working in collaboration with the RBSC Head and the Archivist, this position is responsible for the management of important rare books and archival collections in support of the core collection areas of RBSC. This position provides reference, instruction and outreach of RBSC’s archival and book collections. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to: archival appraisal, creation of finding aids, CCPERB applications and preservation of archival materials.
1. Provides reference and research services to students, staff, faculty and members of the public.
2. Organizes and teaches classes in the use of Rare Books and Special Collections resources, including the Library’s catalogue, print resources and e-resources.
3. Provides instruction/presentations to faculty and students (in the library, online and in the faculty departments).
4. Evaluates, acquires, accessions, arranges and describes archival fonds. Prepares, or supervises the preparation of finding aids for current and backlog archival fonds and maintains, upgrades and updates existing finding aids
5. Provides information/reference training for support staff and supervision for UBC iSchool student librarians.
6. May be assigned coordination of reference or instruction services in Rare Books and Special Collections: reference, teaching and instruction, web presence, subject guides and/or information guides, etc.
7. In co-operation with other RBSC staff ensures the physical security, preservation, and conservation of RBSC collections.
8. Prepares handouts, research guides and informational brochures in appropriate formats.
9. May be required to supervise staff in the absence of the supervisor(s).
10. Liaises with librarians and archivists in other areas of the library system
Senior Coordinator, Special Collections, Toronto International Film Festival Library, Toronto
This is a shared position between Library (75% and Exhibitions 25%), reporting to the Manager, Special Collections.
To register all incoming items for FRL and Exhibitions using the Collections Management System (MIMSY)
To ensure all appropriate documentation for intake collection items meets museum standards and the requirements and high standards of TIFF, including but not limited to loan agreements, contracts, and condition reporting the Senior Coordinator will enter the items/collection when it is received and add it to the accession register with any accompanying documentation. After receipt the collection will be assigned for archival description by the Manager, Special Collections to the appropriate staff.
To ensure that the care and presentation of Special Collections meets museum standards and the requirements and high standards of TIFF when artifacts are presented in exhibitions by advising on presentation and display and producing condition reports, under the direction of the Special Collections Manager.
Act as an international courier on behalf of TIFF for the tour of Special Collections, in particular the David Cronenberg exhibition, as required. (This responsibility will be shared with the Senior Coordinator, Exhibitions.)
- Three years experience in exhibitions registration at a museum, art gallery or cultural institution, preferably including work on travelling exhibitions
- Proven in-depth knowledge of registration practices, museum standard conservation and international shipping
- Broad knowledge of a variety of moving-image formats
- Broad knowledge of the history of cinema and the moving image
- Proven exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent administrative, organizational, time-management and research skills
- Proven ability in database management
- Proven ability to work effectively under pressure
- Proven ability to oversee and direct the work of others
- Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends
Fine Art and Antique Auction Assistants (2), A.H. Wilkens Auctions & Appraisals, Toronto and Oakville
We are looking for an intern (or interns) to assist with day to day operations of the auction house. This includes unpacking inventory, helping customers during auction and post auction, filing paperwork, assisting with research of goods.
Graphic design, social media and good computer skills are an asset.