Job Postings: Two Corporate Archiving/DAM jobs in NYCPosted: March 31, 2015
Photo Archivist, One Kings Lane, NYC
Launched in 2009, One Kings Lane is a leading online destination for the home, connecting daily design inspiration with top-brand, designer, and vintage items you won’t find anywhere else. We’re revolutionizing the home decor market by bringing shoppers a fresh assortment of products every day of the year. We are rapidly growing and have our sights set on becoming a billion dollar business and the next great lifestyle brand.
We are looking for someone with a passion for photography and design to join our team as photo archivist. You’ll have a good eye for photography, some design interest or background so you can help us organize, tag and search our archive.
Archivist / Digital Asset Manager, VS+Company, NYC
DescriptionVS+Company is a New York City based creative agency, specializing in artist representation, creative services, fine art restoration, retouching and printing services. VS+Company is seeking a dedicated individual to be the company Archivist / Digital Asset Manager.
– Working with asset creators across different departments to ensure archival workflow is followed and organizational mistakes are corrected before archiving
– Archiving files and physical prints produced for photography, creative, retouching, and restoration
– Organizing project files on the server and following protocols for how jobs are archived
– Confirming all data is properly and redundantly copied to the archive and archive backups
– Keeping track of content archived across local and offsite storage systems
– Monitoring the health and integrity of archived files across two unique storage systems
– Performing biweekly and quarterly backups
– Ensuring there is always an appropriate amount of working space on the server
– Conducting all archive related projects and image research
– Updating internal database catalogs, websites, and portfolios with images and image metadata
– Coordinating image syndication with Trunk Archive
– Researching new software and technology to keep company’s archive current
– Improving the interdepartmental archiving protocols, helping company establish a new workflow for the creative services team