Job Posting: Assistant Archivist, the Guggenheim Foundation, NYCPosted: May 11, 2015
There is no application deadline and no salary information provided.
- Responsible for accessioning archival materials including both paper and electronic; interact with staff to evaluate record submissions.
- Process (arrange, describe, re-house) archival materials according to current industry standards including creation of processing plans; appraisal evaluations; and DACS-compliant EAD finding aids and MARC records.
- Provide reference services for in-house staff and external researchers as directed, including researching and answering reference questions for staff, and providing reference assistance via telephone, e-mail and in person for external researchers.
- Supervise archives interns and volunteers as needed providing a friendly and challenging work environment.
- Ensure quality and uniformity of archives records; perform retrospective changes or upgrades to individual records as needed.
- Collaborate on special projects with curatorial, registrar, legal, and other museum departments as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements:
MLIS or equivalent; Bachelor’s in Art or Art history preferred
Minimum three years experience working with archival collections
Strong communication and organizational skills
Must be able to lift up to 40 lb boxes
Knowledge of Museum purposes, organization, and procedures preferred.
Strong writing, communication, and organizational skills.
Ability to work independently in various environments ranging from office setting to warehouse storage facilities.