Job Posting: Museum Specialist (Art), Photo Archives, Research and Scholars Center of the Smithsonian American Art Museum, Washington, DC
Posted: June 10, 2015 Filed under: Opportunities: Job Postings | Tags: art museum, DC
- Develops and implements policies and procedures for acquiring and maintaining study photographs and special collections materials.
- Oversees processing, collection care and preservation activities.
- Conducts research to verify historical information, attributions and provenance.
- Performs original descriptive cataloging and creates finding aids for the archival holdings and enters information into automated databases.
- Manages digitization program for the archives.
- Oversees reference activities and helps publicize the collections.
- Coordinates rights and reproduction queries for the archives.