Job Postings: Copyright and Fair Use Librarian and Digital Repository Librarian, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
Posted: June 29, 2015 Filed under: Opportunities: Job Postings | Tags: academic libraries, texas
Required Qualifications for All Positions:
- American Library Association (ALA)-accredited Master’s degree (or international equivalent)
- Knowledge of open access, the research process, current issues in scholarly; communication, and the role of libraries and librarians in supporting scholarly practices;
- Experience designing, implementing, or managing an innovative project, program, or tool;
- Understanding or experience in documenting workflows and policies;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong customer service orientation, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to work in teams;
- Experience working successfully with individuals from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Desired Qualifications for Copyright/Fair Use Librarian:
- Coursework or work experience related to copyright, intellectual property rights, and fair use;
- Experience in teaching, instruction, and workshop design on copyright/fair use;
- Juris Doctorate or other law degree.
Desired Qualifications for Digital Repositories Librarian:
- Experience or training in managing and/or developing repositories and digital collections;
- Knowledge of scripting languages and/or XML.