Job Opportunity: Digital Asset Manager Global Brand Design, Herman Miller, Holland, MIPosted: July 10, 2015
Responsible for leading the strategic effort around enhancing and protecting the Herman Miller brand by collecting, curating, and managing all Marketing, Editorial, and Design assets through their lifecycle for Print, Digital, and Environments.
- Develops a global digital asset management strategy. Leads and directs the implementation efforts around the collection, protection, and disposition of Herman Miller’s digital assets.
- Leads and directs the content implementation efforts around the enhancement of the Styling Library and the creation of a Digital Asset Management (DAM) system as viable tools.
- Partners with Design, Marketing, and Editorial to develop and execute work content across multiple platforms, i.e., print, digital, physical, to multiple audiences.
- Directs the strategic operation of Herman Miller’s digital assets for the purpose of research, reference, education, inspiration, and design.
- Manages the Digital Rights (contracts and licensing), vendor relationships, and the Styling library) for all assets as required.
- Responsible for the curation of Herman Miller’s digital assets. Develops and maintains the DAM platform which includes user sign ups, system quality controls, and administering the assets.
- Provides oversight of the usage and protection of corporate assets.
- Ensures safe storage, access, retrieval, and archiving of all assets to facilitate the business process.
- Creates the structure, standards, and maintenance of the DAM and Styling Library.
- Creates and maintains the metadata and taxonomy structures.
- Provides leadership to the DAM and Styling Library coordinators.
- Performs additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Arts Communication, Library Science, Archives, or related studies.
- Five years of Digital and Physical Asset Management experience.
- Knowledge of production skills (understanding of file formats, video, images, etc.) and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Standard knowledge of taxonomy and metadata.
- Working knowledge of digital asset management software; including knowledge of coding language.
- Demonstrated leadership competencies including ability to manage, lead, and inspire a team.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to facilitate positive customer service.
- Demonstrated high level of written, verbal, and interpersonal skills to communicate information, ideas, procedures, and processes in a logical sequence; at a level appropriate to the audience and resulting in effective working relationships.
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively with a variety of internal and external business partners.
- Strong problem-solving, organizational, time management, and process management skills for success in a results-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use office automation, communication, software, and tools currently used in the Herman Miller office environment.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of the position with or without accommodations.