If you are near the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville on Nov. 7-10, consider joining them for their Fall Chapter Meeting! Among the exciting events is a tour of the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art and Museum Library in Bentonville.
Register here at the website.
See the full schedule for details.
The fall meeting of the ARLIS/NA Montreal-Ottawa-Quebec chapter will be held in Montreal on November 8, 2013 at the Archives and Documentation Centre of the McCord Museum and at the Osler Library of the History of Medicine.
Rare Books and Special Collections
ARLIS/NA MOQ Chapter President
From the Northern California Chapter:
Please join us for our fall meeting at the San Francisco campus of California College of the Arts (CCA) on Friday, November 15, 2013. We will meet at 8:30 am in the Simpson Library for coffee and refreshments. After our business meeting and discussions, we will walk over to the San Francisco Center for the Book (SFCB) where we will be treated to a tour from 10-11 am. We will then head back to CCA for a tour of the Simpson Library and its industrial designer archive collection. The tours will be followed by lunch at one of the nearby restaurants and an optional visit to the CCA Wattis Institute for Contemporary Arts.
CCA Simpson Library is located at 1111 8th Street, San Francisco, CA 94107 on the first floor. Visitor parking and public transportation directions can be found here.
We hope to see you there!
Save the date of Tuesday, October 29, 2013, from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. for the ARLIS/NY Fall Business Meeting at The Museum of Modern Art. Learn about current happenings and future plans for the chapter. Agenda will be posted soon to the website.
Follow the link below and sign in to RSVP.
The ARLIS/Ohio Valley Fall conference will be held on Thursday, October 31 and Friday, November 1 in Granville, Ohio at Denison University. This year’s meeting is hosted by Vice-Chair Shannon Robinson, Fine Arts Liaison Librarian.
Enjoy tours at local museums and libraries, unwind over dinner at Brews Cafe and network with your art library colleagues. If you haven’t joined recently or haven’t attended a fall conference in a while, please consider doing so this year!
The meeting will feature presentations by:
- Jennifer Krivikas, Head of the Design, Architecture, Art, Planning Library at University of Cincinnati, on the VRA conference experience;
- Chris Mannix, Public Services Librarian at the Columbus College of Art & Design on the California Rare Book School experience;
- Special guests Tom Gates and Joe Clark from Kent State University’s Fashion and Architecture Libraries.
See http://arlisov.wordpress.com/ for more details and registration.
The event calendar for this Fall’s Chapter meetings are up at ARLIS/NA
- September 13-14: Midstates Chapter meeting in Chicago, Illinois. The Midwest Chapter of VRA and the Midwestern Art Cataloging Discussion Group will attend. More information forthcoming.
- October 3-4: Western New York Chapter meeting at the Watson Homestead Conference and Retreat Center.
- October 17: “Social Media and Creative Research: A Panel Discussion Between Artists and Information Professionals“, a panel discussion hosted by the Ontario Chapter.
- November 1: Ohio Valley Chapter meeting at Denison University in Granville, Ohio. More information forthcoming.
- November 1-3: Texas-Mexico Chapter meeting in San Antonio, Texas. More information forthcoming.
- November 7-9: Central Plains Chapter meeting in Fayetteville and Bentonville, Arkansas. More information forthcoming.
- November 8: Montréal-Ottawa-Québec Chapter meeting in Montreal, Québec. More information forthcoming.
- November 21-23: Southeast Chapter conference in New Orleans, Louisiana, at the New Orleans Museum of Art.