Photo Archivist, One Kings Lane, NYC
Launched in 2009, One Kings Lane is a leading online destination for the home, connecting daily design inspiration with top-brand, designer, and vintage items you won’t find anywhere else. We’re revolutionizing the home decor market by bringing shoppers a fresh assortment of products every day of the year. We are rapidly growing and have our sights set on becoming a billion dollar business and the next great lifestyle brand.
We are looking for someone with a passion for photography and design to join our team as photo archivist. You’ll have a good eye for photography, some design interest or background so you can help us organize, tag and search our archive.
Archivist / Digital Asset Manager, VS+Company, NYC
DescriptionVS+Company is a New York City based creative agency, specializing in artist representation, creative services, fine art restoration, retouching and printing services. VS+Company is seeking a dedicated individual to be the company Archivist / Digital Asset Manager.
– Working with asset creators across different departments to ensure archival workflow is followed and organizational mistakes are corrected before archiving
– Archiving files and physical prints produced for photography, creative, retouching, and restoration
– Organizing project files on the server and following protocols for how jobs are archived
– Confirming all data is properly and redundantly copied to the archive and archive backups
– Keeping track of content archived across local and offsite storage systems
– Monitoring the health and integrity of archived files across two unique storage systems
– Performing biweekly and quarterly backups
– Ensuring there is always an appropriate amount of working space on the server
– Conducting all archive related projects and image research
– Updating internal database catalogs, websites, and portfolios with images and image metadata
– Coordinating image syndication with Trunk Archive
– Researching new software and technology to keep company’s archive current
– Improving the interdepartmental archiving protocols, helping company establish a new workflow for the creative services team
DHX Media, a huge family-programming corporation, has a three-month contract open (with possibility of extension) for a media and digital asset librarian in the Toronto office. There’s no specific salary information, and the deadline for applications is May 23rd.
“If you are interested in special libraries, media, children’s programming, and cartoons, then this could be the right position for you!”
“DHX Media is recognized for brands such as Yo Gabba Gabba!, Caillou, Teletubbies, In the Night Garden, Inspector Gadget, Johnny Test, and the multi-award winning Degrassi franchise. DHX Media’s full-service international licensing agency, Copyright Promotions Licensing Group, (CPLG), represents numerous entertainment, sport and design brands. DHX Media has offices in Toronto, Los Angeles, Vancouver, Halifax, London, Paris, Barcelona, Milan, Munich and Amsterdam and is listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange….
“As the Library Services Assistant, you will assist the Library Services Coordinator in the day-to-day operations of the distribution library including cataloguing and resource description, weeding the physical collection, vault clean-up, and readying materials for transfer to vault storage. The Library Services Assistant will also assist with the implementation of our metadata schema and with uploading media asset information to our online database.”