Job posting and interview alert!Posted: May 3, 2014 Filed under: Opportunities: Job Postings | Tags: jobs, jobs postings Comments Off on Job posting and interview alert!
Heads up, arlisnappers in DC: a representative from the Georgia O’Keeffe Museum will be conducting informational interviews TODAY for a librarian position at the museum’s location in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Stop by the Franklin Room in the hotel conference center to learn more!
Reporting to the Emily Fisher Landau Director of the Research Center, this position manages the on-going activities of the Museum library’s cataloging, automated systems and services and technology needs. Responsibilities include:
- Providing original cataloging of the library collection, and overseeing cataloging duties performed by support staff
- Planning and overseeing the development, implementation, operation and evaluation of library technology, systems and databases
- Planning and implementing appropriate technologies to improve reference services and access to electronic resources
The Librarian will work closely with IT to monitor library systems to ensure proper operation. He or she will also work closely as a team with the Archivist and Research Center Services Assistant to support visiting researchers, staff, and the public. This includes assistance with electronic resources, and providing technical support.
See the full posting on the museum’s website!
Job OpportunitiesPosted: November 8, 2013 Filed under: Opportunities: Job Postings, [ ArLiSNAP ] | Tags: jobs, jobs postings Comments Off on Job Opportunities
The Juilliard School
(New York NY)
This is a 42-week/year position, end of August through mid-June
• Assist the Principal Orchestra Librarian with the professional level preparation of all college large ensemble music, including pagination and distribution of practice parts, as well as marking bowings, cuts and edits as requested by conductors as needed
• At the direction of the Assistant Dean for Orchestral Studies, the Director of Orchestral and Ensemble Operations, and in conjunction with the Principal Orchestra Librarian, manage Orchestra Library presence at any reading, rehearsal, or performance at which large ensembles are present, ensuring the support of conductors, ensemble members, and administrative staff as needed
Web Archiving Program Coordinator
The New York Art Resources Consortium [NYARC], NYC
The Frick Collection
1 East 70th Street
New York, NY 10021
The New York Art Resources Consortium (NYARC), consisting of the libraries of The Brooklyn Museum, the Museum of Modern Art, and The Frick Collection, seeks an experienced information professional to coordinate a two-year grant-funded program to expand and improve its program for collecting and archiving web content of specialist art resources. The new program is funded by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation and is administered by and based at the Frick Collection. Reporting to the Primary Investigator of the grant, the Web Archiving Program Coordinator will work closely with NYARC Directors and key staff to create and document effective workflow procedures for a program to capture, manage, and describe web content in five areas of focus that have been chosen to correspond with analog collection strengths. The coordinator will be responsible for managing subscriptions with Archive-It, Duracloud, and other outside partners to manage the lifecycle of the NYARC web collection, including selection, capture, quality control, description and access, and preservation.