Job Posting: Director of Archive, San Francisco OperaPosted: June 29, 2015 Filed under: Opportunities: Job Postings | Tags: archives, california, music Comments Off on Job Posting: Director of Archive, San Francisco Opera
§ Master’s Degree in Library Science with a concentration in archives
§ Preferred degree in history
§ Minimum ten years’ archiving management experience
§ Able to establish, grow and advocate for the Company’s first official
§ Able to ensure the Archive is a living/ongoing resource for the
Company, its supporters, artists, academia, and the public
§ Serve as a key role in the preparation of the Company’s upcoming
§ Able to establish best practices for the evolving San Francisco
§ Familiar with all phases of archive management
§ Detailed understanding and experience with the most current
archival records management technology
§ Detailed knowledge of media records management and tools
§ Excellent familiarity with archiving software and tools
§ Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all
artists, staff, public and volunteers in a professional,
collaborative, confidential manner
§ Serve as a key staff member of the Company.
§ Able to manage and direct the volunteer archive corps
§ Management and organizational skills, including the ability to work
independently, prioritize competing tasks, exercising good judgment
and the ability to thrive well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing
§ Excellent computer skills including strong familiarity with Microsoft
Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
along with Photoshop and archival software
§ Comprehensive knowledge of opera and classical performing
Job Posting: Music and Digital Information Manager, Canadian Music Centre, TorontoPosted: December 5, 2014 Filed under: Opportunities: Job Postings | Tags: Canada, music Comments Off on Job Posting: Music and Digital Information Manager, Canadian Music Centre, Toronto
This is a three-day-a-week permanent position, with no salary information provided, but benefits after six months.
• Responsible for the collection and entering of data required for information resource accessibility through the database driven website
• Oversee cataloguing, maintenance of library acquisitions, collection development, reference and information services and future planning
• Take a lead in ensuring composers’ works are available through the CMC by engaging in outreach to the composers.
• Provide repertoire consultations to patrons and be involved in compiling special repertoire lists, catalogues and special collections, as may be requested
• Work collaboratively with other staff
• Ensure frequent communication with CMC National office staff to ensure the maintenance of the metadata
• Act as a liaison for all CMC libraries across the country and work to build synergy
• Keep abreast of premieres and works being performed in the community
• Liaison with performers, patrons, Associate Composers, new music publishers, other public libraries Library and Archives Canada and library associations.
• Provide leadership in guiding future activities and focus of the CMC’s information resources
• Maintain familiarity with the current state of information technology and a commitment to keep abreast of it
• Provide CMC library information to the public, as required
• Compile regular analysis of library stats, creates overview and recommendations for Executive and National Board.
• Manages all digitization efforts related to library materials.
• Public Relations: on occasion attends concerts, receptions, festivals and conferences as a representative of CMC.
• Conducts tours and talks about the CMC music collection, special library projects.
• Manages special projects such as estate acquisitions to ensure timely upload to the website
• Undertakes additional responsibilities as directed by Executive Director.Qualifications:
• Information Science degree with proven database skills
• A degree in music, with a special interest in New Music
• Broad knowledge of classical music required, knowledge of Canadian concert music an asset
• Ability to speak and write in French is essential
• Advanced computer skills including database management, web, and word-processing
• Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work in a changing environment.
• Ability to manage a wide variety of tasks
• Ability to work independently and in a collaborative setting
• Experience in cataloguing a wide variety of formats
• Strong customer service skills
• Strong written communication skills
• Supervisory experience an asset
• Cataloguing, maintenance of library acquisitions, collection development and information services skills
• Experience in digital libraries
Job Posting: Digital Collections Archivist / Project Manager, Archives of African American Music and Culture, Bloomington, IDPosted: November 10, 2014 Filed under: Opportunities: Job Postings | Tags: archives, audio video, digital, music Comments Off on Job Posting: Digital Collections Archivist / Project Manager, Archives of African American Music and Culture, Bloomington, ID
Working collaboratively with the Director and Head of Collections for the Archives of African American Music and Culture (AAAMC), the Digital Collections Archivist/Project Manager is responsible for planning, implementing and/or supervising digitization projects pertaining to legacy collections, and managing born-digital audio, video, image and text collections. This work involves appraisal and preparation of analog time-based media materials for reformatting; evaluating proposed acquisitions of born-digital collections and developing procedures for the migration, description, and management of files; managing access to digital/online collections; managing digital imaging projects; and assisting with and providing administrative support for AAAMC projects including publications, website development and maintenance, public programming and services.
Job Postings in Canada this weekPosted: September 2, 2014 Filed under: Opportunities: Job Postings | Tags: art, Canada, jobs, makerspaces, music Comments Off on Job Postings in Canada this week
OCAD University needs an intern in their makerspace: $15 an hour, 10-15 hours per week, preferably someone completing or having completed their Library Technician diploma. Applications are due September 10th.
The University of Saskatchewan needs a Library Assistant for the Education & Music Library. This is a full-time position with a monthly salary of $3,906.93 to $5,268.90. The position is heavy on reference and instruction, and there is no stated deadline for applications.
The Yukon Arts Society is looking for a Gallery Administration Assistant in Whitehorse. The position is for 15-22 hours a week, paid at $18 an hour, and the deadline was posted as yesterday (oops!) but the job post is still up…..
Job Posting: Performing Arts & Humanities Librarian, Cleveland State UniversityPosted: May 13, 2014 Filed under: Opportunities: Job Postings | Tags: humanities, job, music, performing arts Comments Off on Job Posting: Performing Arts & Humanities Librarian, Cleveland State University
|Description & Details|
Provides leadership in marketing and coordinating a program of scholarly information management and retrieval for faculty and students in the performing arts and humanities, including theatre and dance, English, music, drama, poetry, classics, medieval studies and School of Communication. Develops and manages assigned collections; provides general and specialized reference service and library instruction. Contributes to library decision making; serves on teams to carry out library goals as specified in assignments. Keeps up-to-date in librarianship and information technology, applying current information technologies in carrying out assigned responsibilities. Engages in scholarly, professional, and service activities. Interacts professionally with all internal and external customers using strong interpersonal skills.
|How to Apply / Contact|
|Applications will be exclusively accepted online at http://www.csuohio.edu/offices/hrd/employment.html. Mailed or emailed application materials will not be accepted. Requisition number 0601606.
Review begins May 13, 2014, with a deadline of May 26, 2014.