Thanks for attending the ArLiSNAP/VREPS Virtual Conference!Posted: January 25, 2015 Filed under: [ ArLiSNAP ] | Tags: ARLIS Learning Portal, arlisnapvreps, virtual conference Comments Off on Thanks for attending the ArLiSNAP/VREPS Virtual Conference!
We hope that all our attendees enjoyed the Virtual Conference last Saturday! The recording of the event will be available within the next few weeks via the ARLIS Learning Portal. We will update the blog with the information about accessing the recording as soon as it’s available.
For those who were able to attend, we would love to hear from you! What did you find most useful about the event? What would you change, if you could? Let us know in the comments below, or email Ellen (ellen.j.tisdale[at]gmail[dot]com) and Rachel (rkschend[at]gmail[dot]com).
The ArLiSNAP/VREPS Virtual Conference SchedulePosted: January 6, 2015 Filed under: Opportunities: Events, [ ArLiSNAP ] | Tags: arlisnap, virtual conference 3 Comments
The schedule for our upcoming virtual conference is listed below! We’re looking forward to an afternoon full of thought-provoking discussion and new ideas in art librarianship.
See you on the 17th!
The Countdown Begins: One Month Until the ArLiSNAP/VREPS Virtual Conference!Posted: December 17, 2014 Filed under: [ ArLiSNAP ] | Tags: virtual conference Comments Off on The Countdown Begins: One Month Until the ArLiSNAP/VREPS Virtual Conference!
Mark your calendars!
The virtual conference will take place on Saturday, January 17th, at 1pm Eastern – 12pm Central – 11am Mountain – 10am Pacific. This event will be free for all to attend. See your fellow students and new professionals present their work; learn about new initiatives in art archival groups; and get the best job hunting and career development tips from new art librarians!
Stay tuned during the next few weeks for the full schedule and link to register for the event.
Sign up for ARLIS/NA-MW’s Virtual Conference 12/5Posted: November 30, 2014 Filed under: Opportunities: Conferences | Tags: ARLIS/NA MW, virtual conference Comments Off on Sign up for ARLIS/NA-MW’s Virtual Conference 12/5
- Presentations have been recorded ahead of time and uploaded to the conference website so that you, the participant, can watch them all at your own pace.
- Live discussions boards, bios, pictures, slidedecks and other links are included for each presenter page.
- A live Q&A will be held on December 5th, 9-11:30am MST. This will allow everyone to interact directly with the presenters with any questions, comments, or suggestions you may have. If you are not able to attend, this session will also be recorded for everyone to enjoy later.
One Week Left to Submit Your Proposal for the ArLiSNAP/VREPS Virtual Conference!Posted: November 7, 2014 Filed under: Opportunities: Calls for Papers, Opportunities: Conferences, Opportunities: Events, [ ArLiSNAP ] | Tags: arlisnap, call for presenters, free webinar, virtual conference, vreps, webinar Comments Off on One Week Left to Submit Your Proposal for the ArLiSNAP/VREPS Virtual Conference!
We are very excited about the plans coming together for this event, and look forward to seeing your proposals! Have a look at the requirements here.
Here are a few of the reasons why you should get in on this fabulous opportunity:
Two Weeks Left to Submit Your Proposal for our Virtual Conference!Posted: October 31, 2014 Filed under: Opportunities: Calls for Papers, [ ArLiSNAP ] | Tags: arlisnap, free webinar, virtual conference, vreps, webinar Comments Off on Two Weeks Left to Submit Your Proposal for our Virtual Conference!
Don’t delay, submit today!
In case you need more persuading:
Submit your proposal for the ArLiSNAP/VREPS Virtual Conference!Posted: October 15, 2014 Filed under: Opportunities: Calls for Papers, Opportunities: Conferences, Opportunities: Professional Development, Visual Resources | Tags: art librarianship, virtual conference, Visual Resources 6 Comments
ArLiSNAP and VREPS (Visual Resources Emerging Professionals and Students) are joining forces to host a virtual conference this winter! The conference is titled Visualizing the Future: New Perspectives in Art Librarianship, and will take place on the afternoon of Saturday, January 17th, 2015. This is an excellent opportunity for those who cannot be physically present at our annual conferences.
We are looking for students and new professionals with an interest in art librarianship or visual resources management to present their work. Have you been working on a project using technology in a new way? Do you have thoughts to share on topics such as metadata and visual resources, copyright and the arts, or visual literacy? Would you like to share your work with the ARLIS and VRA communities? Submit your proposal, and add your voice to our discussion on the future of the field!
Other sessions in this event will include:
- A roundtable of new professionals, who will share advice about starting out in your career. The speakers will answer questions about their work, as well as their thoughts on the best ways to gain experience and job hunt in this field.
- A panel on initiatives in art archiving, where speakers working on documentation and preservation will discuss their work, and suggest ways for students to get involved.
- A keynote speech from art librarian Elizabeth Lane, who will discuss her current work and her thoughts on the future of the profession.
- Presenters must be MLIS students or new professionals with fewer than five years of experience in the field.
- Presentations will be between ten and fifteen minutes in length.
- Ideally, presenters will be available for a live presentation and brief Q&A session on the afternoon of Saturday, January 17th, 2015. However, pre-recording the presentation prior to the event may also be possible.
Submit your proposal via this link by Saturday, November 15th.
If you have any questions about this event, please don’t hesitate to contact Ellen Tisdale, ArLiSNAP Co-Moderator, at ellen.j.tisdale [at] gmail [dot] com.